Adopt a Vine and Go Virginia at First Colony
Sold and fulfilled by our friends at First Colony Winery in Albemarle County, just outside of Charlottesville, Virginia.
Become a vigneron and help First Colony Winery cultivate the next generation of Virginia wine. A great gift for someone who enjoys good wine and wants to learn more about the vine-to-wine process.
When you adopt a row of First Colony Winery’s grapevines, you get to pick the varietal and row number. Perhaps you have a special date you’d like to commemorate, or favor a particular type of wine? First Colony owners Heather and Bruce were married on January 1 and Heather loves Chardonnay, so they have adopted row 1 of the Chardonnay block!
Celebrate a company/firm milestone, a college graduate, a marriage proposal or an important birthday! Watch the growing process, learn how to prune from First Colony’s Vineyard Manager, and participate in harvesting your row.
The Adopt-A-Vine gift comes with many additional benefits, including:
- A personalized, engraved plaque on your row post identifying your row;
- An annual commemorative photograph of you with your row of vines;
- Two complimentary tastings every time you visit First Colony;
- Two complimentary tickets to First Colony’s Harvest Festival the first year you adopt and 20% off Harvest Festival tickets in subsequent years;
- Participate in harvesting your row and learn about the process used to turn your grapes into wine;
- 15% discount on wine and gift shop items*;
- 15% discount on online wine purchases*; and
- Recognition on First Colony’s website as a participant in the Adopt-A-Vine Program.
The one-time fee of $250 also includes one 2016 Go Virginia Pass.
You can select the type and even the row of wine grapes you would like to sponsor. If you have a preference, please include the following information in the Comments section when you check out. First Colony Winery will contact you to confirm all information:
- The type and area of wine row you would like to sponsor (Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Vidal Blanc North, Vidal Blanc South);
- Row number (see the First Colony Winery website for options);
- The wording you would prefer on a vineyard plaque.
* Discounts and benefits are subject to the posted terms of this program and may change over time. Discounts may not be combined with any other program. For more information about the Adopt-A-Vine program, see: http://www.firstcolonywinery.com/adopt-a-vine-program/.