Located just outside Washington, VA, Caledonia Farm - 1812 Bed and Breakfast stands on a working beef cattle farm. It was built of native fieldstone in 1812 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Local attractions include Shenandoah National Park, famous for its 105 mile Skyline Drive, 700-miles of trails, 195,000 acres of mountains, wilderness, waterfalls, woods and wildlife. Nearby are antiques, caves, fishing, wineries, stables, battlegrounds, canoeing, climbing, golf, tennis, swimming, theater, and superb evening dining is just down the road.
- The summer kitchen dependency is now the romantic honeymoon suite for two.
- The second suite has two private bedrooms and one bath.
- All rooms have air conditioning, working fireplaces, individual heat and a spectacular view of the Skyline Drive atop Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains.
- A full candlelight breakfast of eggs benedict, smoked salmon, custom omelets etc. is served at any hour of choice.
- On-farm amenities include bikes, lawn games, fishing, bird-watching, VCR, piano, library, porches, and patios.
- Caledonia Farm-1812 bed and breakfast is stop #1 on Virginia's statewide Birding & Wildlife Trail and offers binoculars and guide books for exploring its habitats.
- Scenery, history, recreation, accommodations and hospitality all come together beautifully at Caledonia Farm-1812 B&B. Splendor for all seasons!
- A catch and release fish pond awaits anglers.